The Marston Group frequently performs valuations of closely held businesses for owners, attorneys and other professionals. Valuations have become increasingly necessary for a variety of reasons including:
- Buying or selling all or part of a business
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Buy/sell agreements
- Estate, gift and inheritance tax issues
- Charitable giving
- Estate and gift planning
- Obtaining debt or equity financing
- Evaluation of insurance needs
- Litigation matters including determination of damages in controversies among business owners
Marston's valuation services range from formal written valuation reports provided to third parties to consulting engagements that employ valuation techniques and analyses for specific purposes.
Our firm is a member of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA), and our valuation team includes CPAs, Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA), attorneys and MBAs.