William (Bill) C. Drummond, CPA
901-761-3003 ext. 119
Mr. Bill Drummond joined The Marston Group in 2013 following a distinguished career at the Memphis office of Ernst & Young LLP (EY) where he served as a partner since 1986. Mr. Drummond brings a wealth of experience and acumen to the firm across the spectrum of business in the manufacturing, transportation, distribution, specialty pharma, commodities, agriculture and related industries. Bill leads the Firm's Accounting and Assurance Practices, including the due diligence, quality of earnings and transactions practice.
Past responsibilities at Ernst & Young included management of service and business relationships in Memphis and West Tennessee as the Office Managing Partner from 2005 until 2012; implementation and evaluation of internal controls under Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act; management of the Talent Deployment and Development process; and oversight of numerous SEC filings and initial public offerings, secondary offerings, debt offerings and merger/acquisition filings. Mr. Drummond continues to serve as an instructor for EY technical education courses, has served as engagement quality reviewer for many public audits and has participated in the Audit Quality Review for EY.
In August 2015, Bill became the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Jernigan Capital, Inc., a public company in Memphis, Tennessee, which makes debt equity investments in newly-constructed and existing self-storage facilities. Bill served as the Chief Financial Officer of Jernigan Capital, Inc. through May 2017, at which time he returned to The Marston Group to serve in his capacity as Principal with the firm.
- Bachelor of Business Administration - The University of Mississippi
- Certified Public Accountant (TN)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- United Way of the Mid-South - Past Treasurer
- Patterson School of Accountancy of the University of Mississippi - Board Member
- Church Health Center - Past Finance Committee Chairman
- Junior Achievement - Past Treasurer